1 registered statement
Peggy Cole inside Patrol 2
May 16, 2019, 4:14 PM
* The re-location and merger of Lockheed and Martin Marietta to Littleton. It brought an influx of highly educated residents who have contributed directly and indirectly to the well-being of the Littleton.
* The great flood in 1965, and the subsequent changes (the dam, channelizing the river, etc.) that protects the built environment and encouraged development of homes and businesses.
* The creation of Arapahoe Jr. College (now called Arapahoe Community College, which is part of the State System...). The college gave (and continues to give) residents affordable, local access to occupational education and the first two years of a 4-year degree. Outstanding students have transferred on full-scholarships to outstanding colleges/universities in Colorado and elsewhere in the country.
* The building of the Light-Rail system with 2 stops in Littleton. It provides hassle-free access to downtown Denver, the Denver Mall, the State Capitol, University of Colorado at Denver, Metropolitan State University, Union Station, the the airport, etc.
* The creation of the Library and Museum. The Museum is a Smithsonian affiliate; only 2 American cities of our size are affiliates.
* It's the people who made/make all this possible.
OpenLittleton is not a certified voting system or ballot box. As with any public comment process, participation in OpenLittleton is voluntary. The statements in this record are not necessarily representative of the whole population, nor do they reflect the opinions of any government agency or elected officials.