What retail operations would you like to see in Littleton?
What do retail site selectors want in a location – what is Littleton doing?
Every city needs to be proactive when it comes to attracting new businesses, particularly when you want to bring successful retailers to the area. We live in an extremely competitive market and landing desirable retailers is very challenging. Site selectors are looking for specific measurements that justify a location. They want to know such things as density of their targeted population, income levels, spending patterns, proximity of competitors, are there incentives and whether there is a quantifiable demand for what they sell.
So what is the City of Littleton doing?
1. We’ve compiled a detailed inventory of commercial retail properties so we know what is both on and off the market and we provide that information to real estate representatives seeking properties for acquisition and retail redevelopment.
2. We stay on top of retail space available for lease so we can provide information to commercial tenant representatives and business owners.
3. We regularly contact retail business owners, commercial property owners and retail site selectors to connect those looking for locations with those who own or manage sites.
4. We provide customized information outlining the benefits of landing in Littleton and encourage site visits that help paint the picture for doing business in our community.
5. We build relationships by providing trustworthy and timely responses to inquiries.
6. We research the trends in the market and contact industry decision makers to let them know about potential opportunities in Littleton.
7. We manage the Go2Littleton website that provides information on why Littleton is the place to do business.
Outcome: Thank you
This topic has 290 visitors and 13 statements: 11 registered statements and 2 unregistered statements.
That's 39 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per statement.